Polvoron

Polvoron is husband and son's favorite sweet treat from Goldilocks.

The other day, I wanna eat something sweet.
I looked in my cupboard and spotted the flour and powdered milk.
*light bulb moment!*
I'm gonna make me and the kids some polvoron!

I made it while sewin' something.

I actually think it tastes better than G's polvoron. :D
  1. Just toast 2 cups of flour in moderate heat until light brown, stirring constantly.Remove from heat and let it cool.
  2. In a bowl, mix together toasted flour, 2 cups of powdered milk, 1 cup of sugar, and 1/2 cup of melted butter.
  3. Mix well and mold using a polvoron molder. Press it firmly to the molder using the back of the spoon. If it doesn't stick together, add more melted butter.
  4. Wrap in a cellophane or japanese paper.
  5. Enjoy!
    (Optional : If you'd like to try adding some flavor, you may try adding any of the following: toasted pinipig, peanut butter, cheese, graham, choco powder, cookies and cream powder, or maybe even powdered fruit flavors.)
You may actually skip #4 if you are not patient enough to wrap it one by one. Instead, release/put the molded polvoron in an airtight container and chill for a while . When it is already firm, just take one and pop it in your mouth straight from the container! I just wrapped it to please the kiddos :D.

I remember when we were kids, my mother used to make this treat using corn flour. She does not wrap it though. We each are given a bowl full of polvoron mix and scoop it using a spoon. I on the other hand sometimes put my share in a clean pad paper shaped into a cone. I stuff the mixture inside the cone, seal the opening, and tear the pointed portion to create a smaller opening so i can pour it in my mouth easily.

0 Nibbles:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

nibble gobble   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP